Thursday, March 24, 2016
This states it very clear.
You never said goodbye.
A massive heart attack took you in a blink of an eye.
Your daughter tried desperately to save your life. You would have been so proud of her.
But you were gone, and only God knows why.
I loved you dearly.
I will always love you.
It broke my heart when you left
And it will never be repaired back to normal.
Yes, the cracks and rips are healed
But my heart will always be scarred because you left.
The day God took you – most certainly a part of me went too.
Now 11 years later we have achieved a “new” normal.
If God would allow
a new beginning open up,
And a new life begin,
I know you would be happy that I am happy
Rest assured my dear, dear sweetheart
You will never be forgotten
And will always be
Wednesday, March 23, 2016
This time of year has been hard for 11 years. When life with your sweetheart so abruptly ends sometimes it is hard to go on. But life does go on, and there is no option of giving up. So today please pardon me as I count some of my blessings to try and boost my spirits.
1. My Savior. He definitely has walked beside me. After Mark first died he must have kept his hand on the wheel when I was driving. I would find myself passing up roads, etc.
He has understood all my tears, and has had to decipher what they meant a lot of times because I had no words.
2. My girls. This Momma has been blessed with 3 of the most beautiful wonderful girls God ever sent to this world. They have stood beside me even when I’m sure I have driven them nuts.
3. My son in law Wesley has definitely helped me in many ways.
4. My friend Mary who has listened to all my woes and tales. Her emotional support has been nothing short of amazing.
5. My church family at the time were wonderful. Someone told me that they had never seen a church so supportive.
6. My health. God has brought me through some health scares, and I am confident he will still be with me in the future.
7. A new job on the horizon. For years I have drove mile after mile until I am absolutely sick of driving. Next month, I start a new job just 5 minutes from home next month, and a wee bit more money.
8. My grandbabies. Oh my goodness! They light up my life. They never fail to bring a smile.
9. All my family. So blessed to have my Daddy and Mother and sister.
11. Etc., etc., etc……………..
Thursday, March 17, 2016
There are days that I feel like Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh. All gloomy and not very sunny.
Today I would have to be honest.......I was Eeyore the 2nd. Life gets big sometimes. You wake up exhausted, and have to keep going because work is waiting. What about this.....what about that......... Etc.....etc....... Nothing bad just "big".
I needed this desperately.
"Be still my soul......the Lord is on my side.......
Be still, my soul; thy God doth undertake
To guide the future as He has the past.........
I know this probably won't mean anything to anyone but me.........but it is comforting to know the Lord is on my side.
Tuesday, March 15, 2016
Wednesday, February 24, 2016
|Use equal portions of oatmeal (old fashioned)|
Depending how hungry you think you are going to be I would use 1/3 to 1/2 portions.
|Add honey for sweetness|
|Your choice of fruit.|
Place in refrig overnight.
You can eat cold (which I do) or warm in the microwave.