Monday, January 11, 2016

Living Today


Stress should be spelled at my house like this STRESS!!!!!!!  Big red letters, all capital letters and about 20 miles high.  Ha!

God has been working on me in this area.  I am so used to trying to take care of daily living concerns that I tend to forget that God knows the outcome already.

Emotional stress is a big one with me.  Mark has been gone a long time, but I cannot seem to get used to being alone.  Along came the empty nest.  Whamo….here I went again.  Pile it all together, and it is not a pretty picture.

God has been working on me about living in today.  When you are alone, you tend to think about  the past.  It all seemed so perfect.  But we forget that today is a new day.

All the same time, that God has been working on me about living in today, I also listened to a devotional that I got for Christmas.  Guess what the 1st one was?  Not living in yesterday, not looking towards tomorrow, but living in today.  Today is the first day of the rest of my life.
 
Lord, help me to let go of the past.  Nothing I can do can change the outcome.  I know I won’t  forget what was – but help me to focus on today.  To make today the best that I can make it.  To make today the day that I can be a blessing to someone.  To focus on today, enjoy the present. Not to say that what has been before doesn’t hurt – it does.  But may I live today as the first day of the rest of my life.  To let God handle all the rest.

Today!!!  Focus!!!!  The past is gone.  The future isn’t here.   I am in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment